About Our Worship
Frequently asked questions about our worship services
When are your worship services?
Our worship services are typically on Sunday mornings. Our regular Sunday morning looks like this:
- 8:30 a.m. – Worship with Holy Communion
- 10:00 a.m. – Explore The Word (Christian education) classes for all ages
- 11:00 a.m. – Worship with Holy Communion
Where do you get your worship services from?
Why do you say ‘Alleluia’ and ‘Hallelujah’ during your services?
What does it mean when you “Exchange the Peace”?
Why do you sometimes stand and sometimes kneel?
Can I receive Communion?
How do I receive Communion?
After receiving the wafer, you may immediately consume it, or you may hold it and intinct (dip) it into the wine. To take the wine directly from the chalice, gently guide it to your lips. If you are wearing lipstick, we ask that you please blot your lips before receiving.
Do I have to receive Communion?
Are children allowed to participate in Communion?
All children are welcome at the Lord’s Table! All baptized Christians – no matter their age – are encouraged to come to the altar rail for Holy Communion. Our young ones have a few options:
- Some parents allow their children to receive Communion only after they have completed instruction in their third-grade year. Instruction is a series of classes taught over a few weeks.
- Some children prefer to receive only the bread. Receiving either the bread or the wine alone is considered full Communion.
- Those children who prefer not to receive Communion may receive a blessing instead by immediately crossing their arms across their chest.
Have an additional question?
Please contact us and let us know! We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Worship with us!
Holy Communion In Person Or Streamed On Facebook
Hosts at Home Pick-up In Orand Circle
Saturdays 5:00-6:00 PM
+1 972 318-7070
FAX OUR OFFICE
+1 972 318-7045
Saint Nicholas Church
4800 Wichita Trail Flower Mound, TX 75022